Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh My Heart


"I think it is all a matter of love: the more you love a memory, the stronger and stranger it is."
Vladimir Nabokov




My Dearest,

I don't know what went wrong. It's the distance, I guess.
Sometimes I think i was just a mistake that you let simmer for too long.

These last few months I've been a wreck, everyday an exercise in recovery,despair and heartbreak.
One cannot fully describe the glass breaking every time I see you smile, knowing that the smile wasn't for me.

So I get stuck in a rut and wait this out. Wait for things to fall into their right places in the universe, whilst keeping an eye out for you and me.

Waiting can be crazy. What to do?

Start cooking.

I always look forward to our weekend forays into the grocery, the wet markets. Trying to decide what produce to pick, what fish, what cuts of meat. It was the only thing I have left of us. Together.

So I thought of this blog.

My journal of winning your heart back, one song, one dish, one post at a time.

I miss and love you,

M

P.S.

Oh My Heart - James

1 comment:

  1. oh this is just a great way to start a food blog. gets the juices pumping, hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete